Monday, November 2, 2015

Life As An Agent (TOP SECRET!!!)

Ok most you guys must have been "surprised" or shocked over the title, BUT YES Its true I am an Agent! Have to admit it.... Had to salute my MBA Prof Zaidi, for his spot on guess. 

Ok NOW I am not an undercover agent, a spy or sales agent, I am just a Customer Service Agent. Or in airports, we are also called Airport Services Agent. 


My journey in Malaysia Airlines (MAS) began with this job, I must admit that most people sometimes look down at the people working at the counters, but they are actually pretty smart and more intelligent than you might actually think.


I have to say this job is quite stressful and challenging, but it was also really the most fun job I ever had so far. The work I went through here is very much related to Information Technology Management as I have to deal with multiple computer systems. Like I said, people who work here are really smart because I have to practice and memorize computer entries and work processes for 4 or 5 different information systems. 


My work is actually to act as the Airline Ground Handling agents for foreign airlines operating at KL International Airport (KLIA). The foreign airlines usually outsource its ground arrangements to third party companies, that are available at that time such as KLAS or MAS. The airlines that appoints these third parties have an agreement to outsource ground operations equipments, staff and engineering resources in order to minimize their operating costs. So my department handles the passenger handling side, which is to manage passenger check-in, and boarding the aircraft. Collectively this department is called FOCA for Foreign Carriers.


So there are many major airlines that have agreement with MAS, such as Qatar Airways, KLM, Emirates, Japan Airlines etc. So we have different teams to assign for different airlines. We have dedicated teams which must know their airlines Airport Procedure to the even the little details because we are dealing with passengers safety. The Airlines dedicated under my team are Japan Airlines, China Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Air Mauritius, Royal Jordanian Airlines. So each airlines have each own different systems and products and procedures. Just imagine the stress to have to do all these airlines in one-day! 

Check-in Counter


China Airines Team


Japan Airlines Team during Hari Raya
















No comments: